Memorial Day Weekend is upon us and that means two things: the beginning of summer and the kick-off to grilling season. Below are some of the hot new grilling trends we’re reading about.
- The majority of Americans may be grilling on gas but charcoal is making a comeback
- Green Eggs and Ham…but hold the ham. The Big Green Egg, known as a kamado style cooker, and others in its class are increasing in popularity due to their versatility
- Rub-a-dub-dub — rubs, sauces and other grilling condiments are growing in use as outdoor cooking enthusiasts experiment with flavor
- Meatless Mondays has taken to the grill and more consumers are grilling vegetables and other non-meat delights
- The infographic below highlights some retail grilling trends captured by Supermarket News
For more information on grilling trends, check out this great resource: Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association’s 2012 State of the Barbecue Industry Report
Looking for an all-organic grilling blend? Contact us today to learn more about our custom formulation assistance and top-selling pre-formulated grilling rubs.