Visiting China: The World’s Largest Food-Producing Country
This gallery contains 11 photos.
Earlier this month, I traveled throughout the dynamic country of China to increase our supplies of certified organic vegetables, botanicals and Fair Trade teas. China is a unique country: one rich in ancient history with a diverse landscape – from … Continue reading
HQO Weekly News Roundup
A collection of some of the organic food news we’ve been reading and discussing at HQO.
Has ‘Organic’ Been Oversized? – The New York Times published this article over a month ago but it’s still getting a lot of attention. So, what do you think? Is the growing list of approved non-organic ingredients in a labeled organic product a concern to you? Even though organic is the most regulated food on today’s grocery store shelves, should the standards be higher?
Some follow-ups from the article:
- How the NY Times Went Too Far in Slamming Big Organic
- The latest New York Times expose won’t stop me from eating organic
- Guidelines for buying organic products
California’s GMO labeling initiative Prop 37 is a win-win
Is Team Organic Outspending Team Big Ag in the GMO Labeling Fight?
Monsanto’s GE Sweet Corn to Hit Store Shelves
Millennials or baby boomers: Which should you target?
U.S. Hispanic consumers pose strong market
Dean Food launches IPO for WhiteWave
Just for Fun
Honest Tea will test Denver’s honesty next week – A cute social experiment that has perked our ears. Have you been involved in a social stunt like this?
Lapka’s iPhone Plug-In Tests If Your Food Is Really Organic
High Quality Organics
Here at HQO we understand that sometimes one can get lost in all the confusion of organic lingo that surrounds products today. Below, we have spelled-out some of the most common packaging claims:
-Products with less than 70 percent organic content cannot flaunt any organic ingredients on the front panel but may identify organic items in the ingredients list.
–100% Organic ensures that every grain and morsel in that box or bag is certified organic (with the exceptions of added salt and water).
–Organic tells you that at least 95 percent of the content (by weight) is organic. The remaining 5 percent must come from a list of ingredients specifically allowed in organic foods.
–Made with Organic Ingredients confirms that at least 70 percent of the product is made from organic ingredients. Labels may list the specific organic ingredients.
For more information on organic certification, be sure to visit our website at http://www.hqorganics.com
Infographic from: “Organicity”- University of Hong Kong
August 9, 2012 in Uncategorized
Tagged High Quality Organics, HQO, HQOrganics, Infographic, natural, organic, organic food, Organic Infographic, organic news, Organic Stats