Butter Up the Barbie: Hot Trends in Grilling
Memorial Day Weekend is upon us and that means two things: the beginning of summer and the kick-off to grilling season. Below are some of the hot new grilling trends we’re reading about.
- The majority of Americans may be grilling on gas but charcoal is making a comeback
- Green Eggs and Ham…but hold the ham. The Big Green Egg, known as a kamado style cooker, and others in its class are increasing in popularity due to their versatility
- Rub-a-dub-dub — rubs, sauces and other grilling condiments are growing in use as outdoor cooking enthusiasts experiment with flavor
- Meatless Mondays has taken to the grill and more consumers are grilling vegetables and other non-meat delights
- The infographic below highlights some retail grilling trends captured by Supermarket News
For more information on grilling trends, check out this great resource: Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association’s 2012 State of the Barbecue Industry Report
Looking for an all-organic grilling blend? Contact us today to learn more about our custom formulation assistance and top-selling pre-formulated grilling rubs.
The Organic Opportunity
Despite tough economic times, the organic industry has continued to grow over the past few years. Below are some compelling statistics from the Organic Trade Association’s 2011 U.S. Families’ Organic Attitudes & Beliefs Tracking Study:
- The organic food sector continues to grow at a faster pace than conventional food (see the stats here)
- Mass markets like Wal-Mart, Safeway and Kroger are where the majority of organic products are sold
- While produce is the fastest growing organic segment — followed by dairy — many of us at HQO believe organic meat will be a fast growing segment over the next few years
- According to the OTA’s 2012 Industry Survey, the organic industry is now $31.4 billion
To learn more about the health of the organic industry please visit the Organic Trade Association’s website, www.ota.com.
Toby’s Travels: Organic Ginger Farming in South America
","title":""}" data-image-title="Scenes from South America" data-image-description="" data-medium-file="https://hqorganicsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/ginger-pic-1.jpg?w=300" data-large-file="https://hqorganicsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/ginger-pic-1.jpg?w=500"/>
This gallery contains 19 photos.